Monday, February 22, 2010

1 Year Well Baby

All I have to say is I am SOOOOOO glad that that appointment is over.  To start the afternoon off, I had to wake up the princess from her nap to go to the doc. She fought a nap today for quite a while, so she didn't get as much sleep as I had hoped.  Today she weighed in at 18 lbs 14 ozs and 28 inches. I was very disappointed in her weight because she has only gained a little over 1 pound in 6 months. I don't know why she hasn't gained any weight because she is such a little piggy when it comes to food and she wants to nurse all the time.  The doc thinks it could be my milk supply, but when I offer WC a sippy cup of milk, she doesn't really want it. That tells me that she isn't starving. So that puts her in the 11th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height. She is one tall girl!!!! We will visit a nutritionist to get some tips and the doc really wants me to push the whole milk at each meal. We'll see how it goes!!

After the appointment, WC was in for a big surprise. She got six shots and then her blood drawn. The shots I can handle...we've been there before. But the blood work was terrible.  It took 4 of us to hold her down and she was just shrieking. It was the same cry I heard when she burned her hand so I know it was hurting her!

On a more fun note, WC is growing so much. She waves hi and bye, claps, takes a few steps on her own, laughs and squeals at EVERYTHING, stacks blocks and loves her nesting blocks. She usually takes 2 naps a day..depending on what time she wakes up she may only take one nap. She was sleeping through the night but she's been waking up a lot! Boo on that :(   Her favorite foods are chicken nuggets, cheese, bread, hot dogs, rice, apples, raisins, and any snack food! WC knows who dada, momma, and Rosie are and we are working on singing eat, all done, and drink! She is super smart and can't wait to see what she does next!!

She's been getting in a lot of trouble because she is a climber. She will climb into the bath tub, in the dish washer, on any chair, the couch, on all her toys......then she gets REALLY mad when I make her get down. Her temper tantrums are funny for now.....she is such a faker when it comes to crying!!! She just whines!

Chris and I are so blessed to be the parents of WC. She can be quite the challenge, but I know it makes us stronger people. Thanks to EVERYONE who has been there for us during this past year. We love you all!!!

1 comment:

Tubbs Family said...

I think it is a joke that the take the baby's blood at a year. Only my oldest has had his blood taken from his arm for an allergy work up, until we moved here. I'm sorry she had to go through that. Also, my kids hardly make it on the charts for weight, then they're well above for height. And the baby is the only whos ever taken whole milk. SO, since she's not lathargic or anything she probably just fine. She seems happy to me, so no worries :-) She's a cutie :-)