We started off our date night at The Montgomery Inn Boathouse. We enjoyed ribs, shrimp, homemade potato chips, and broccoli (at least I did anyway!). This was such a pretty place. The restaurant had a great view of the river but too bad it was not pleasant outside!
Then we headed over to the Reds game and drove around looking for the closest handicap parking. I have got to hand it to Chris...he's a champ on those crutches!! I can barely make it down the drive way walking with those things. Let alone walk long distances in a ball park!
A really nice ballpark!!!
Our view from our seats!!
The Reds and Braves played a great game and in the in the Braves won! YAY!!! There were very few Braves fans around...... We stayed for the fireworks after the show and it was so beautiful!!! They were right over the river and you could see all the boats gather around for the show too. We can't wait to take WC sometime. She would love them!
We ended our evening with a quick stop to the Hofbrauhaus.....this crazy German bar where half of the menu I couldn't pronounce. They had a polka band and everyone who worked there was dressed in your traditional German garb. It was just a crazy place!! Inside there were long wooden tables with benches and you just sit with everyone! People were dancing on the benches and acting a fool! ha! I was definitely enjoying people watching and I realized that half of the people there were under the age of 25. University of Cinci was not too far away so I'm guessing that is this bar's main clientele :) We had a great time here.....it was nice to hang out with friends for about 45 minutes!
The drive home was loooooooooooong. After a few wrong turns and hunting down an open ATM, we made it back home to relieve our AWESOME babysitter, Becca (who conveniently lives across the street). She's only 14 (or 15.....can't remember) and she is one of the few teenagers I trust with my kids. She tells me everything that happens and was a real trooper dealing with Natalie who went TEN HOURS without nursing. Becca is GREAT!
This date night was a real treat. It's not something we can afford all the time.....but TOTALLY worth it. Chris and I needed this date night B-A-D.
We didn't get home until 1:45 and didn't go to bed until about 2:30, so needless to say I was really tired when the girls woke up!! I think WC was up a whole hour by herself before she realized that Chris and I were home....I walked in to the living room and all her toys were out there and she looked at me with this big surprised look on her face then asked where Becca and Sarah (Becca's little sis) were. Poor baby thought she was home alone!! Well...poor baby nothin'.....she was probably LOVING it. HA!
I am so blessed to be able to share these kinds of moments with my husband!
Here's to date nights!! HIP HIP HOORAY! :)



1 comment:
sounds AMAZING Caroline. Life in the dating world changed for us drastically when we had a preemie....because he is special needs etc. we have only left him with 1 person ever and that was just a date to the Olive Garden (I do now leave him in the nursery though!). It is crazy because we used to RELIGIOUSLY date every other Friday night.....with babysitters set up to be there. We barely missed. But, life has changed a lot. I think God knows that and is protecting our marriage. But, when you have been through as much as we have (meaning your family and my family), I think the dating times that may be fewer and farther between are even MORE special!!!!!!
Post a Comment