Saturday, March 13, 2010

The hardest thing in Motherhood so far.....

Has been trying to wean WC from nursing. I didn't think it was going to be this hard because I've heard tons of stories on babies just taking to the sippy real well. Whitley Claire will take a few sips here and there, but will not drink a full 4 ounce serving at meal times.

Night time has gotten a little easier. Every other night WC will sleep through the night but I usually end up nursing between 5-6 just for my comfort. Today was the first day she didn't get to nurse in the afternoon. I nursed her in the morning and then not again until the last afternoon and that was a huge milestone. It was hard, and she whined a lot, but we made it.

I'm surprised I'm not more sad about weaning her, but she has made it such a chore the past month.  I know she doesn't need me for nutritional value and she only wants to nurse a few minutes here and there, so I know she's ready...I just don't think she wants to give it up completely!

It's been really really hard to not give in to her. I gave in the other day after about 2 hours of whining and I felt like poo. Oh well! I did what I had to do :)

My favorite time to nurse is in the morning and she's so cuddly. Maybe that's why there's a smidgen of me that doesn't want to give it up 100% because that's the only snuggling I get all day. She's way too busy for mommy!

So please keep us in your prayers over these next few weeks. Maybe it won't take forever for her to forget all about nursing?? We'll keep our fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Aaron and Kelly said...

That's great that you nursed her for a year! I'm dreading the weaning process too, but hopefully I have another eight months or so to get ready for it :(

Aaron and Kelly said...

I'm so proud that you nursed her for a year! That's AWESOME! And I'm dreading the weaning process too :(

Scooter Pooter Luters said...

Grumpy's is on Martin Luther King Jr Dr. I had never heard of it. I think it is newer. If you come back down to Starkville you need to try it out!