Monday, March 14, 2011

No more "Hah-see"

That is what WC calls her paci.... "Hah-see". It's been 10 days without it! I am so glad we made the decision to "leave the paci's at the old house for the next baby." She doesn't ask for them anymore and doesn't try to steal Natalie's :)

The first night was rough. She cried for an hour and 45 minutes so Chris and I just hung out in our bedroom listening to music so we couldn't hear her scream. Are we mean? Nooooo...I felt like it, but we just didn't want to hear it anymore! ha!

Nap time the next day was a little rough. WC cried for about 45 minutes then only slept an hour. That made for a really long afternoon. Then day by day the crying got shorter and shorter. She still cries when it's time to sleep because she doesn't want to miss any of the fun, but at least she's not screaming for her "hah-see" anymore!

She's a big girl...doesn't need it. The anxiety that the paci's caused for me was ridiculous. She had to have 3 at all times when she slept. One in each hand and one in her mouth. Then she would try and sneak one from her crib and bring it in to the living room. Which was not allowed. At night time she would totally play me....she would throw her paci's over her crib, cry for them, which would lead me to going in there and getting them for her. ENOUGH! Enough I say.....so buh-bye paci's. You will not be missed!

1 comment:

Rachel May said...

Go WC and go parents for sticking to your guns!!! Lord it is hard but it truly is worth sticking to your guns. Gabriel never took to a paci for he just used his fingers. Now every once in awhile I will see a thumb in his mouth when I check on him before I go to bed. Will cross that bridge if he ever takes to being a thumb sucker.