Monday, May 31, 2010

Books I'm Reading


This is a book Chris checked out from the library and I LOVE it! I've been enjoying reading it so far because I've been able to apply it to my own life. I want to be able to teach WC about boundaries in a loving way so she will succeed as an adult! One good point this book has pointed out is that as a parent, you have to be able to look in the future and decide how you would like your child to turn out. Then you can parent and instill those qualities in your child to prepare them for their future!  I hope I can look back at WC's childhood and pat myself on the back. Of course I know there are things that I wish I could do differently, but overall, I want to have no regrets on raising WC! I didn't know that this was a Christian based book and and love how it references scripture. I want to be able to teach WC and discipline through scripture, so she will know how she is supposed to behave!



Here is another AWESOME parenting book I've been reading. It focuses on the "Attachment Style" parenting and the Sears' explain why this style of parenting works best for them. There reference many scriptures and I agree with just about everything in this book. I wish I would've found this book when WC was a baby! It covers so many things and I'm glad I purchased my own copy to keep for reference!


This has been my choice in nonfiction reading lately! I wanted to delve into Christian fiction and my friend Melissa Williams loaned me this series called Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers. It took a few nights for me to get into the story because it was set back in the Roman Empire days and it was hard for me to keep all the characters straight with all their weird names! It's a story about love and dedication to the Lord!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the original version of "Boundaries" by Cloud/Townsend... they've got lots of great stuff. "Changes that Heal" is another great one. I havent read the kids version yet, but I hear its wonderful!
The Francine Rivers books are AMAZING. When I got to the 2nd one in the series, I skipped an entire day of class (I was in college) and sat on my couch and read for about 8 hours straight. They are some of my favorites. You should check out the rest of her stuff too- Redeeming Love is amazing, and so is The Atonement Child....those are probably my other 2 favorites.
I've been reading through some other great Christian parenting books lately that someone recommended to me, and I'd be happy to share them if you're interested!

The Trobough's said...

I would love the names of those books!!
And I absolutely adored Redeeming Love and Atonement Child! Rivers is a fabulous author!!!

Rachel Bice May said...

Thanks for letting me know about the book today! Need to read it as well because Gabriel is at that age for pushing his boundaries and needing discipline.