Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm Overwhelmed...in a good way!

As most of you know, WC was a very hard baby. The first year was rough for us.....it was tiring staying home with a screaming baby all day and then my marriage was hurting because of that!

Well today was one of the best days with WC so far. Late this afternoon she played and played with her daddy. She hasn't really been a fan of him....just a big time momma's girl. So watching them play was so sweet and made my heart melt. They played Buckin' Bronco (where the kid lays on your shin and you bounce them around) except that WC was on Chris' thigh and we was bouncing around all crazy and WC squealed and laughed so hard. My stomach was hurting from laughing so hard and those two!

Then she started playing with her baby dolls like little girls do. The things we were doing weren't things we taught her....I guess she was just mimicking us loving on her? Not sure... She was loving on her babies with blankets and passies and giving them milk from her sippy. It was so sweet how she was cuddling them up close! Then she asked for the fleece blanket and we lined up her babies and she laid by them so I could cover them up. Sweetness......

I never had the opportunity to rock WC as a baby. She didn't like to be cuddled and was even more stimulated by the rocking and the attention. Tonight was only the second time ever that she let me rock her to sleep. I love humming hymns and playing with her hair. After she fells sleep, I looked down at my 15 month old and was so overwhelmed at how big she was and how fast she is growing up. Playing with baby dolls...loving her daddy....repeating everything we say. And then looking at her long body limp in my arms passed out from exhaustion...I couldn't handle it! But at least we get to start this experience all over again very soon with the next baby!

I wish my family could experience all of this with me...but thank goodness for the internet!

3 comments:

It's a Full House said...

Girl, your post just made me cry, seriously (Jess is like, are you okay? LOL). It's times like those where you sit back and just take it all in. Being a parent is no walk in the park, and that's why we have those bad times to help us cherish those amazing times we have. :)

Stephanie Steed said...

Glad to hear y'all had a good day!

Ashley said...

I have those moments with Evy..it's like your heart will literally burst :)