I took it upon myself to make WC some blackout curtains! Since it's not getting dark until after 9, the past few nights she's been having a super hard time going to sleep. Last night I went to JoAnn's and found the PERFECT fabric to match her bedding and wall color! I'll have to take pictures another time because the Princess is currently sleeping...and might I had that it is completely dark in her room!
I decided not to go with the vinyl. Just because it was 10 bucks a yard and I am cheap. So I bought 4 yards of black fabric and just doubled it. It worked just fine! The front of the curtain is brown with turquoise flowers and I am so surprised that it matches spot on!
All I did was sew the wrong sides together, then pull the right side out, sewing the little hole together. I haven't figure out a way to easily take on/off the curtains, so for now they are saftey pinned to her little sheer drapes that are draped on the blinds rod :)
I spent about 15 bucks total so big pat on my back!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Awesome! I'm making curtains for Caroline's room when we move, I think! I'm a little nervous!
Oh it's so easy! I made curtains for our guest bedroom and was surprised how easy it was. The blackout curtains seriously only took 15 minutes...I guess depending on how much detail and time you want to put in to them depends on how long they will take! Mine were easy peasy!
I love the first and last one. You will look gorgeous in either. As long as they pass the sit down and be comfortable with food then you could go either way. :)
Post a Comment