Thursday, December 23, 2010

All Of Me

My heart is hurting this Holiday season...though I do have many things to be thankful for. I'm learning a lot about myself and the control that I DON'T have. I've felt lost....and sad that I can't cure my husband's cancer....sad that I can't make him feel happy....sad that I can't make us "normal" again. But what I'm NOT sad about is how my Father loves me. Will always love me. This song sums up everything I've been feeling the past 5 months. To learn about "surrendering" is an eye opening experience. Have you ever truly GIVEN something entirely to God? It's a hard thing to do....as easy as it is. You should try it sometime...it's freeing :)


All of Me

Holy father, love me still
I have fallen from your will
I am broken
Hear my humble cry
My cry

I have wandered for so long
Tired and weary on my own
In your arms I know I’m home, O God
My God

Take my life and make it yours, Lord
Fill me with your love
You are all I need
I surrender all of me

Take my life and make it yours, Lord
Fill me with your love
You are all I need
I surrender
I surrender
I surrender all of me

2 comments:

Rachel May said...

Caroline how we pray for Chris' cncer to be cured and he find happiness again! I have given my anger and pain from the miscarriage all to God and you are right, it is very freeing. A great but weird feeling of why don't I do this more often? Love you friend!

Lauren said...

Thinking of you guys and praying each day... Sending you a big hug!