Whitley Claire helped me make our Christmas sugar cookies this year! She got her first dose of cookie batter and I think she's addicted like her daddy! I'm not sure if she was ready to help this year because she had tantrum after tantrum when I put the cookies in the oven. She couldn't grasp the concept that they had to COOK first :) Silly little girl.
Natalie and her daddy :)
Natalie all dressed up and ready for church. Just hanging out....what she does best :) Her bloomers were so cute. They have her name on them!
When we got home from church I had all these "traditions" planned for our first Christmas as a family (without being around other family). Whitley was such a hot mess at church that she fell asleep in the car and I put her STRAIGHT to bed. I think I expected to much of her....I mean come one mom! She's only two! I shouldn't have gotten caught up in all the tradition stuff. That's not what really matters anyway. Yes it's fun, but it's not the reason for Christmas! I totally lost my focus on what we were celebrating!
Chris and I wound up just hanging out and watching a Christmas Story. I am embarrassed to say that it was my first time seeing it. OOPS!
Christmas morning post to come :)



No comments:
Post a Comment