I am reading a 365-Day journaling devotional called, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It has been an amazing thing to read each day. Sarah has written in a format like it is Jesus talking to you each day, not an author. I highly recommend this to anyone who feels like they have a lot on their plate, but still desires to spend some time with God.
The reason I am posting about this is because this morning during my quiet time, I read something that hit home for me:
" I am leading you along a way that is uniquely right for you. The closer to Me you grow, them ore fully you become your true self-the one I designed you to be. Because you are one of a kind, the path you are traveling with Me diverges increasingly from that of other people. However, in My mysterious wisdom and ways, I enable you to follow this solitary path while staying in close contact with others. In fact, the more completely you devote yourself to Me, the more freely you can love people. Marvel at the beauty of a life intertwined with My Presence. Rejoice as we journey together in intimate communion, Enjoy the adventure of finding yourself through losing yourself in Me. "
2 Cor 5:17
Ephesians 2:10
1 John 4:7-8
John 15:4
I don't know why God is leading me down the path I am on right now. I wish I knew.....but I am glorifying Him by praising His name that he gives me the strength to get through each day. I hate not being in control of what's happening with Chris. I hate that I can't get immediate results from prayer. That's what faith is. Keeping steadfast in hard times and praising God in the good times and bad knowing that he will NEVER let harm come towards my family.
I hope that someone can find this devotional helpful like I did :)
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I really like that first sentence.... I read your blog in google reader. Love the picture at the top.
Post a Comment