Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Julie and Julia

I had my second girls night out last night since WC has been born. It was fabulous! Six of us girls went to get desert at Fox and the Hound. I had this marvelous Chocolate Chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and fudge!! YUMMY!! Then we went to the movie theater to see Julie and Julia. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been so tired! The movie didn't start until 9:30! Getting me home at midnight!
I would love to cook my way through a cookbook. I have a knack for baking and would love to expand my horizon to entree's! Chris is more of a plain Jane type of eater. He doesn't like to explore new meals. That's ok...BUT I would love to try out new meal ideas! It also costs more money to make elaborate meals. We have a bunch of really quick and easy meal ideas. My newest food kick is preparing fresh veggies for dinner. Some of our favs are brown sugar glazed carrots, sauteed onions with mushrooms, steamed zucchini or squash, and green beans cooked with teriyaki sauce!
We also love salads. I try and buy a bulk of vegetables and then chop them up to have them ready for salads. We are more likely to eat something already prepared and it doesn't go bad as quickly!
I would highly recommend Julie and Julia. By the end of the movie, I had this urge to go cook! It's a great film!

No comments: