Today Whitley Claire had her 9 month well baby with Dr. Powell!! At her weigh in, she was only 17 lbs 11ozs. More than a whole pound less at her last visit....which was 3 months ago. She is 28 inches long. So that puts her in the 20th percentile for her weight...she was in the 90th. BUT, that is A OK because she is one active kiddo! She is crawling around like crazy and getting in to everything that she's not supposed to have. Dr. Powell is a little concerned about her weight...considering that it was that much of a drop. So he suggested that I try and supplement formula every now and then. But there is a problem with that. WC won't take a bottle!!! Or sippy cup! I tried tonight to give her a bottle before bed, and she kept shoving my hand away :) It was cute how she just wanted to nurse! For me personally, I didn't want to ever use formula (no offense to any formula users whatsoever!). I hope to be able to nurse for 1 more year. We'll see though. If using formula means a healthier baby because I cannot keep up with my milk supply, then that's what I'll have to do...supplement! I'm going to call the lactation consultant tomorrow to see what she thinks! She's a great gal :)
As far as everything else with WC, the Doc said she's doing great. He's happy with her two teeth and her cruising around. He says that she'll probably be walking soon! Heaven help me.....
Whitley Claire has been eating table food for 2 months now. She loves to feed herself and if I try and feed her baby food in disguise, she turns her nose up at it. Right now her favorite meal is Broccoli and Cheese soup with some peas and carrots in there. Not too bad right?? She also loves french toast and pancakes :) Oh yeah, and chocolate! But I don't let her have a lot of that! I want it all for myself! I am so thankful that the Lord invented Cheerios and Graham Crackers. WC LOVES them. I mean loves loves loves them. It keeps her occupied for a while and keeps her happy!
We go back in a month to see a nutritionist and then in for a weight check. I am blessed that God has given us a healthy baby. I know that her weight will be fine!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment