Saturday, June 19, 2010

On the road again!

OH MY WORD! I am so happy to finally be in Jackson after a long two days of traveling from Dayton! My mom, WC, and I left Thursday morning for Nashville where we were staying with some dear family friends, The Cowarts. We left around 9:15 and I just new that WC would do just fine since we borrowed a travel DVD system. Well....big surprise for us. Poor Whitley just couldn't get comfy the whole ride and cried a lot. I tried to stop as much as possible, but didn't want to make the trip too long! I just wanted to get there! We arrive in N'ville around 3:30 feeling very relieved. I can't believe the difference in temperature just from Dayton to N'ville. Everytime I stepped outside, I had to take a big breath because it was hot and humid!

I was so embarrassed to be WC's mom Thursday night. Something possessed my child.....I had NEVER seen her act the way she was acting! Bouncing off the walls....LITERALLY. She had so much pent up energy that it made her a crazy girl! She was walking off furniture and bouncing from one couch to the other. She was throwing toys and having tantrums right after the other! Thankfully, Cale, my friends little boy, woke up and that tamed WC a little bit! The poor girl was so tired too....

We enjoyed a yummy dinner and WC went right down around 830. She was EXHAUSTED! I'm glad she slept well.....she didn't get up until 915 the next morning!

We left N'ville around 1230 headed to Jackson. We were right outside of B'ham when guess what happened?? MY AC WENT OUT IN MY CAR. Just stopped blowing cold air. I panicked because I didn't want a hot screaming baby and my mom isn't supposed to get too hot...and I'm almost 6 months pregnant. So being hot was not sounding too nice! I am so thankful that my in-laws live about 45 minutes from B'ham so we made a little detour to visit the Trobough's! They were very excited about our arrival and we enjoyed a late lunch and WC was able to get out her wiggles. My father in law said we could just take their van to Jackson and he'd take car of my car. BLESS HIM. We were packing up the van trying to get the car seat in and we couldn't get it in securely. I thought for sure that we were going to be spending the night (which is totally fine) but I was just ready to get on the road and get the 4 hour trip to Jackson over with. Bless my father in law again....he was able to rig up the car seat with a few chains and hooks and let me just say it doesn't move at all! ha!  We left Jasper around 530 and got to Jackson around 945. WC slept the last hour and was REALLY good just about the whole way!

It's nice to be in Jackson. I can't wait to see all my friends and family! We got to see grandparents and cousins today.....and WC is slowly warming up to my brother and dad! There are fun animals here for her to play with and laugh at.

Here are some pics to enjoy!


Whitley and Cale playing before dinner!


WC and Paw. She went straight to him when he walked in the door....she hasn't seen him since Christmas!


WC and Cousin Mary. She loved her too! I didn't get a picture of WC with her other cousin Casey!

1 comment:

Katie A. said...

What a blessing that you were so close to you in-laws and were able to take their vehicle! I know you are enjoying being home for a little while.