The end of our week was very tiring! WC was getting a little tired of the beach and she was just tired. Period. It rained on and off the last couple of days so our beach and pool time was limited.
I was so happy and proud of WC for how much she liked the pool and beach. You never know with her....my favorite time with her the whole trip was our last night when Chris and I took her to the public beaches after dinner. I stripped her down to her diaper and just let her have at the ocean and sand :) She had NO fear of the huge crashing waves (which was a little scary) but I held her hand and she giggled, squealed, and wanted "mo mo mo". I didn't have my camera, of course, but I did have my video camera. It was a nice way to end our trip. Lets just say I held wayyyy to high of expectations for WC. I'm learning how to go with the flow, but it's challenging...I'm too much of a routine kind of person. You think after a year and a half I would have learned how to deal with it but every day there is something new.
WC learned so many new things just this past week....she started copying a lot of the things that Mallory does (she's a year older) and just her playing in general is different. She started associating people with their names by pointing and can say her name! She says it "wee wee" but that will be ok for now!
WC went to her first arcade and had so much fun. We let her "play" skee ball and shoot some hoops! She won a lot of tickets (thanks to mom and dad) and was able to pick out some prizes afterwards. The lady at the counter kept trying to give her free things (like a bear that was 400 tickets) but all WC wanted were some plastic fish and bracelets.....whatever works!!
We spent our last morning at the zoo. WC did not want her swim suit on and didn't want the pool or beach either! And there was no way I was spending any more time in the condo so we checked out the Gulf Shores Zoo. When we pulled up, I was a little sketchy about the place because I am used to big city zoos...this is more like a community zoo and it was teeny. Which was perfect for WC because we were able to see the whole place in an hour. We signed up to watch the live animal show where the lady brings around different animals to touch, but she was taking to long with her little talk and WC got bored...so we moved on. Her favorite animals were the goats and sheep. She LOVED them and was telling us all about them!
WC also learned how to hold her breath under water this trip. She turned in to such a little water bug after spending the whole summer afraid of the pool! I think it helped to have Mallory there and other kids so she could watch them. I think I may have said this in a previous post, but thank HEAVENS for that kiddie pool. It saved us....many times.
WC had a blast with Mallory. It was a little exhausting dictating and refereeing whose turn it was for particular toys, but it's just the stage they are in and they are both learning!
We were ready to come home, but would've liked one more pretty day on the beach since it took WC a while to warm up to it. Just gives us something to look forward to next year....only it will be different because I will have a baby that crawls....don't know how that will work in the sand! ha! We shall see.....
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment