I should be yelling out the windows.... "I DID IT!!" Yes, I did IT! Didn't let WC have her paci all day today...unless she was sleeping. And I'll tell you what, what a dramatic day! After her short little morning cat nap (which I'm surprised she took because she gave those up a while back) she was insisting on taking her paci with her downstairs. Along with her blankie, baby, and lambie. I made her put them in the crib to go "night night" and she wasn't happy. She cried for about 15 minutes asking for her "pappy", but she got over very quickly. I think our trip to the grocery store made it easier!
After her afternoon nap was when she threw the biggest tantrum I've ever seen from her.....we made it downstairs with a few tears but once she realized I wasn't going upstairs to fetch her beloved pappy, it was over. She went upstairs and was banging on her door crying for it. So I brought her down, then she went back up, then I brought her down, and so on....finally after talking with a friend, she advised me to just put her in her crib if she wanted it that bad. So I waddled up the stairs and told her that "paci's are for night night and they stay in the bed". Well....HA....she shook her finger at me and was telling me no. So I put her in her crib and let her have her paci with a few books. This went on for about 10 minutes until she was quiet. I went in there and asked her if she was ready to get out and she said yes. Well....she didn't like it when I told her she had to leave the pappy in the bed. So she cried for another 15 minutes asking to get "out out" and when I peeked my head in her room to ask her if she was ready to leave her paci's, she just shook her head and plopped her booty down with these screams I've never heard from a child. This low, guttural, gagging sound came out of my child and I swear she was possessed. She almost made herself threw up....BUT when I went in there the last time, she was ready to leave her paci's and go downstairs.
I WON! I never win...or should I say, I always give in. ha. There were a few tears downstairs and a few feet stompin' moments, but she settled down with her sippy and blankie and watched a few minutes of Mickey and was ready to play.
I'm so proud of myself.....I know it sounds silly...but this was a HUGE step for me. Especially since my child whines all day long. I've been working with her about that and it's getting a lot better. It was just easier to pop that pappy in her mouth!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Way to go!!!!!! I know how hard it is not to give in. You go mama!!!!
Great job momma!!
Girl there is just not enough ways to give you the praise you deserve!!!!!!! It is AMAZING to read and watch parents stand their ground and not give in. I know it is hard because we are having battles in this house but the pay off is so worth it! WC will continue to love and cherish you and Chris. Plus she will get the added bonus of learning manners, patients, and all because you and Chris stood your ground! GREAT job friend!!!
Congratulations for standing strong!
Post a Comment