No more waiting. No more wondering. No more what if's. We have a plan of attack now to rid Chris of cancer!!!
After meeting with the doctors in Houston, Chris and I were both kind of discouraged....being told to just "sit and wait to see if it spreads" doesn't really suit our personalities. After being told about the Perfusion, we thought it was the miracle drug to help heal Chris. But after talking over the pros and cons with the doctors on base, we decided it's not the best choice of action for him.
Instead, we are taking this approach:
1. 5-6 week of radiation that will be five days a week for 20-30 minutes
2. Amputation after radiation. Best case scenario is that it will be mid thigh. That's what we're hoping for....
3. Chemo 4-6 weeks after amputation. We have to do this to make sure there are no more stubborn cancer cells floating around :)
We are VERY comfortable with this. We knew this would be the end results anyway....amputation that is. We have accepted this and are ready to move forward. After weeks and weeks of waiting, it feels good to know what we are doing. And it just adds more to my testimony about how faithful God is to those who are weary!
We also have been talking about moving. We really can't stay here in base housing because of the stairs. So a dear fried who PCS'd to Maryland a few months ago still have their house for rent. Hopefully we will be moving in to the Williams's house in Huber in a few weeks. This house has what we are looking for...open floor plan, one story, nice deck....I can see us living there comfortably.
I'm not sure when Chris is going to start radiation. He still has to get some scans done and meet with one more doctor. So hoping by the end of the month!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Moving into the Williams house!@ AWESOME! Answer to prayer for both of you I am sure! I am going to pray you through this, as I already have, dear Caroline! You can totally do this and so can Chris and we know that it is because of CHRIST alone!
Oh my dear friend, I am praying for you and your family. Wish I could be there to help you. Just know you are being lifted up in CO! I am glad to hear about the house. It's a great place :)
Love you dearly!
My thoughts & prayers are with you, your husband, and family!!!
Post a Comment