My newest interest has become the on of the most talked about controversies in the world. I am a Christian and a firm believer that God placed Jesus Christ on this earth and that He died for our sins. I believe the Bible is accurate and true, and there is only one God.
Now that I have made that clear, what is your belief when it comes to Creationism VS. Evolution? There are many questions that I have had lately....so I'm reading this book called Evolution vs. Creationism: An Introduction by Euguenie C. Scott. I am pretty sure that he leans toward the Evolution/Natural Selection theories, but he shows the facts to both sides without being too biased.
Some of the things that Mr. Scott writes about are different kinds of evolutionists and creationists. There is so much information in this book, that it overwhelms me. I just want to know more about this issue so when asked questions about why I believe what I believe , I can give a more definite answer. I believe there is NO way that this earth could've just "popped up" without an "intelligent designer". There are too many things in this world that didn't happen by chance; which is a big saying with Evolutionists. For example: the human eye and waterproof feathers on ducks. How did those things just happen to evolve through time through natural selection?
Another big topic is how old the earth actually is....did Creation really take place in 6 days where the days were 24 hours? Or did the Creation actually take millions of years? Creationists say the earth is somewhere between 6,000 to 10,000 years old...Evolutionists say the earth is billions and billions of years old. Was there a gap in time? Some people argue that the time lapse between Genesis 1 (the Creation) and Genesis 2 (Adam and Eve) was quite a long time.
Just wanted to hear everyone's view on these topics. I am welcome to all thoughts :)
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment