Thursday, December 31, 2009

News Year's Resolutions

Every December, Chris and I start working on what we want to improve about ourselves in the coming year.  I love writing down goals because it helps hold me accountable.  We print out the resolutions and tape them somewhere where we will see them every day. This year, they hung in our closet and I'm sure that's where we'll put the next list!  We keep every list from the previous years and it's always fun to go back and look at our goals.  We did pretty good this past year!

I know everyone will be blogging about their New Year's resolutions. It's just so fun to see what other people write and maybe get some new ideas!!

I just copy and pasted this from My Documents. Just wanted to share how we write out our goals!!!!

Enjoy!

New Year's Resolutions 2010


Maintain Weight: GOAL  < or = to 155

Jan_____  Feb_____ Mar_____  Apr_____  May_____  June_____  July_____  Aug_____  Sept_____  Oct_____  Nov_____  Dec_____


Read 12 Fiction Books

___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___ 


Read 5 Nonfiction Books

___  ___  ___  ___  ___


Read 3 Biblical Books

___  ___  ___

Read 2 Biographies

___  ___


Volunteer for 3 Organizations

1.

2.

3.

Learn about different religions

___Catholicism
___Buddhism
___Judaism
___Hinduism
___Mormonism


Running: 200 Miles by 2011

Jan: ___    Apr:  ___      Jul:  ___    Oct: ___
Feb: ___    May: ___     Aug: ___    Nov:  ___
Mar: ___    Jun: ___    Sept:  ___    Dec:  ___

Be able to do 20 Push-ups by the end of the year:

By May: 15  ___
By Dec: 20  ___

Memorize 12 Bible Verses

1.               4.               7.               10.          
2.               5.               8.               11.
3.               6.               9.               12.


PLACES TO VISIT

Day Trips:
Cincinnati
Columbus, OH: Franklin Park Conservatory, COSI- 1:15 Hours
Mansfield, OH: Creation Museum- 2:20 Hours
Dayton: Boonshoft Museum, Packard Museum (Cars), SunWatch Indian Village, Oregon District, Riverscape Park, Carillon Park


Weekend Trips
Great Wolf Lodge- Mason, Ohio- 45 Mins
Berlin Lake- Berlin Center, Ohio- 3:30 Hours
Marblehead Lighthouse- Marblehead, Ohio- 3:30 hours
Cleveland, Oh: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, Botanical Garden, Amish Country, Riverboat Cruise- 3:20 Hours
Canton, OH: NFL Hall of Fame, Al-Bi Winery, Chocolate Factory, Cheese Factory- 3:20 Hours
Pittsburgh, PA: Carnegie Museum, Children's Museum, Mt. Washington, National Aviary- 4 Hours
Indianapolis, IN: Crown Hill Cemetery, Scottish Rite Cathedral, Indiana War Memorial, Zoo- 2 Hours
Chicago- 4:30 Hours
Michigan: Mackinaw Island- 7:30 Hours

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mackinac Island!! Yummy fudge...

Rachel May said...

I love your NY Resolutions!! If you ever want to get together and visit some of the places on your list let me know!! We have some of the same places on our list...some on yours I need to look up and see what they are.