Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh Microwave, Oh Microwave....

Where hast though been?? In case you didn't know, we've been a microwave free house since we moved to Dayton last Thanksgiving. For the past year, we've had to adjust to reheating and cooking everything in the oven or on the stove. It hasn't been too bad, you just have to plan ahead of time when you want to eat leftovers or anything!

Our sweet friends, the Hollen's, are moving to Atlanta next week and I just happened to mention at small group that we didn't have a microwave and Amy offered us theirs!! How nice right?? So a BIG thanks to them for letting us have their super clean microwave.So why you might ask would we want one now...when we've gone over a year without one? Well, I should say why would I want one because Chris nixed the idea. It was just a little difficult timing when WC would want to eat and then working around that and the oven to warm up her meals. She doesn't want to wait 15 minutes for her food, so she would fill up on cheerios or graham crackers and then not eat what I fixed her. Tonight she had warm broccoli and cheese soup and she ate a very generous portion!

Woo hoo for my new microwave :)

No comments: