Well folks...I see lots of time-outs in the future for Miss WC. She has quite the attitude!! If you haven't witnessed any of her melt downs yet (which I must add she's not quiet 11 months old) you are in for a real treat!
I always thought I would have a sweet natured child. Little did I know what I had in store for me! ha! Lately, Whitley Claire has started to understand the words "no-no" which DO NOT make her a happy camper. I know that children will be mischievous and get in to things...and that's ok! It's what follows the "no-no" that makes me laugh...for now at least. Whenever I tell WC "no-no" she starts squealing and flailing her arms and twisting her back around. Then she goes right back to what I took her away from...until the mean ole' bad mommy comes to remove her from the situation! Then she kicks her legs and arches her back...sometimes hitting her head on the floor. Well....she shouldn't do that!
I wish that "out of sight, out of mind" were true for Whitley Claire. That would cut down on HALF of our battles. I have to eventually just put something up high where she can't get it if I really don't want her to have it. A lot of the times I just let her play with whatever because I don't feel like fighting. The exceptions are remote controls, cell phones, laptops...well any electronics are big time off limits. Also, her new favorite thing to do, besides eat dog food, is to climb the stairs. We have to make sure to have the baby gate up at all times because WC has mastered the stairs. She can go up half the flight in under 10 seconds. She is on the go!
I think she may grow up to become an engineer. She studies everything and twists the object around in her fingers. Picture that with the furrowed eyebrows and the bottom lip stuck out. She gets very frustrated when she can't figure out how to do something...like flaps on a book or getting the nesting blocks out of each other. And she LOVES to knock down towers. We have these wonderful Garanimals blocks and Nursery Rhymes nesting blocks. I can usually only get a 3 or 4 block tower built before WC knocks it down. She is mighty proud of herself when she does that!
Walking will be in our future....she has already taken a few steps on her own. She is cruising all over the place and is SO much fun to play with.
Having a sassy attitude is mostly fun....except on those days when I don't feel good or she has been cranky all day. I know that having a strong willed child will pay off in the future and she will be a very independent child!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment