Saturday, January 23, 2010

Date Night. WAAA HOO!

That's right. Chris and I went on our second date ever without Whitley Claire. Let me remind you that she is almost one. We never think about going out by ourselves, mainly because WC is so much fun to take out. She is so good in public...total 180 from her personality at home :) But....we never get to go to the movies.

So tonight we dropped off WC at the Pike's up the street and headed to Abuelo's. I had a yummy steak with mushrooms and fiesta shrimp on top. This came with a side of Mexican mashed potatoes (can't remember the real name for them) and some delicious beans. I'm surprised Chris didn't order something more original. He went with the enchiladas! It was nice to be able to eat first and not have to worry about cutting up food!

Then we headed over to the movies and saw The Blind Side. One word: AMAZING. I cried....and cried...and cried.....I told Chris that I wanted to adopt a 7', 350 pound homeless black boy. I want one to put through college, clothe, feed, and love. It was such a wonderful story! It was exciting for Chris to see for one because it's a true story and because he remembers this particular football player graduating high school and being recruited by Ole Miss. Sandra Bullock did a GREAT job and it was just weird to see Tim McGraw without a beard and cowboy hat. He didn't look like his usual hot self in this movie.

We arrived home and WC was bathed, fed, and fast asleep in her bed : ) What a wonderful thing to come home to!

THANKS DAN AND HOLLY!!!!!

2 comments:

Tubbs Family said...

Great date night! I haven't seen The Blind Side, but I cried through the previous. How nice to have her in bed when you got home!!

Marsalis said...

YAY nutters!! so glad you two had a great night...it's well deserved and much needed! =)