Monday, January 4, 2010

My new hobby

Crocheting is AWESOME! My neighbor, Danielle, taught me a few days ago, and I can't stop. It's so therapeutic and it's better than just sitting and staring at the TV! I've been wanting to find something to do while we watch TV in the evenings and this is just what I needed! The first time I learned I sat for about 3 hours and at the end of that time, I had nothing to show for it. I had to start over a hundred times. But I finally found a pattern that was easy enough to follow and what I didn't know how to do, I watched it on YouTube!

So I made this shawl:


I only had to go back to Micheal's twice because I didn't have enough yarn.  I learned my lesson! And I can't just sit and wait until I need something else from Micheal's, so they saw me a lot in a couple of days :)

Here is the pretty shell stitch edging. This was really fun to do! I like not knowing what it's going to look like and then when you are finished with the row, you hold it back, and just admire what you've made!



I am always thinking of ways to make money. So I hope I can get really good at this and then try and sell some stuff :)

My newest project is a hat!  Here is what it's going to look like but just in different colors of green instead!



No comments: